Thursday, April 5, 2012

ouch

I don’t usually have a problem with needles.  I have 5 tatoos. 

Today I went to the dermatologist for the first time in too many years to have my moles checked.  There was one in particular on my upper lip I was concerned with.  It had grown a bit in size and was changing color and texture.

The dermatologist thought it was best to biopsy the mole which involves essentially scraping it off my face.  This didn’t really bother me.  Better safe than sorry.

She informed me the worst part is the numbing.  Ok, not a big deal right?  I already had three cavities replaced earlier this week and half my face was numb for that.

Let me share the difference with you.  Dentists use a numbing agent to numb the area before they actually insert the needle into your head.  That step doesn’t happen at the dermatologist.  She just grabs your face and inserts that needle and you feel all of it including the awesome burning from the numbing agent actually going in.

Try holding still for that one.  Ouch.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. gosh!! That would be an extremely unpleasant experience. I think I can stay away from the dermatologist for another 33 years.

    :)

    Hope you are recovered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you... I heart comments!